Health Care Advocates International™ (HCAI™) was founded by Dr. Gary Blick to provide quality, state-of- the-art, caring, compassionate and comprehensive preventative primary and specialty healthcare. Dr. Blick, celebrating 30 years in the medical profession providing his own state-of- the-art, personalized medical care for the lesbian, men who have sex with men, and transgender communities, as well as for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and chronic hepatitis B and C infection, continues to provide his unique quality-of- care at HCAI™. Only at HCAI™ can you receive his special brand of medical care and treatment. At HCAI™, you will build a special relationship, tailored to your unique needs, with Dr. Blick’s experienced and compassionate staff composed of clinical and support staff.
If you are searching for:
- Care for primary care health issues, such as hypertension, allergies, depression or anxiety, diabetes, obesity, or simple colds
- Comprehensive preventative care for HIV/AIDS
- Consultation for or information regarding Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Urgent advice about Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) following unprotected sexual intercourse or a condom breakage
- Knowledge about or diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Cures for your chronic Hepatitis C infection
- Advice for your struggles with recreational drug use such as crystal methamphethamine or opiates
- Options for weight management
- Treatment for your musculoskeletal ailments with our Licensed Massage Therapist
- Correction of your HIV-associated facial lipoatrophy with Sculptra
- Treatment for male hypogonadism and testosterone deficiency (limited to HCAI LGBTQ patients and those with HIV/AIDS, chronic HCV or HBV, or opioid dependency)
- Immunizations against Hepatitis A and B, pneumonia, shingles, human papillomavirus, influenza, meningococcal meningitis
- An annual wellness visit with physical and comprehensive preventative lab testing
- Options for smoking cessation
- Medical Marijuana for CT-designated medical conditions that respond to endocannabinoids (limited to appropriate HCAI LGBTQ and HIV/AIDS patients)
Please make an appointment and come meet our highly professional, empathetic staff who are bilingual and fluent in Spanish and who will make you feel comfortable and at home in our unique, warm, caring offices.
At HCAI, we offer a team approach to all of your medical needs. You will meet Dr. Blick and other members of his team to address all of your medical needs. We work directly with our partners to meet all of your needs, including:
- Mid-Fairfield AIDS Project (MFAP), lower Fairfield County’s top AIDS Service Organization since 1988, and Executive Director, Stuart Lane, and Case Managers Rosie Rodriguez and Mike Little and a full-service staff;
- Specialty pharmacies that are local, personalized, and with highly skilled and knowledgeable pharmacists who will deliver all of your medications by mail and answer all of your pharmaceutical questions; and
- Quest and Labcorp Laboratories: labs can be drawn in the office as a confidential and personal service for you, or oders can be sent to your favorite lab draw site.
We can also assist you with obtaining insurance, applying for CADAP or NY ADAP/ADAP Plus, CT Insurance Premium Assistance (CIPA), copay assistance for medications, making and keeping your appointments.